Monday, January 11, 2010

Magic of Words

"You may have the faith to move mountains,
but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel."
--unknown--

Back in my single/pre-children days, when I could attend classes or lectures sans kids (meaning I could listen), I used to carry around a small notebook and write down anything the speaker said or quoted that struck me as humorous or thought-provoking, or BOTH (my favorite). I loved my little quote book, and read from it often. Those words had the power to uplift, inspire, motivate, or just make me smile.

I know very few people that don't have a favorite quote posted or hanging somewhere in their home, office, locker, etc., or one they keep locked away in their memory. A saying or thought that holds the power to lift them up and brighten their day, even just a little. Such is the power of words.

From C.S. Lewis, to old college professors and teachers, to my neighbor down the street who recently spoke in church, and to many of the blogs I have read, I want to thank you for sharing your brilliant and inspired minds! May we all use our words for good and in our own small way, make the world a better place.

Do you have a favorite quote or saying? If so, I'd love to hear what they are!

4 comments:

  1. LOVED your book! Can't wait for the next one. Although I know it might be awhile :( I'm a mommy of 3 down in Provo. Thanks for reminding me of reasons why I married my hubby. Your book reminded me of our dating years (sigh) :) I hope I win the copy of your book from Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love inspirational quotes. There are way too many to choose from, but one that stuck with me in high school was by Eleanor Roosevelt:
    No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

    Your book looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, Thank you! What a thoughtful person you are to find my blog and post such a sweet comment. It made my day! Your family is beautiful and I, too, hope you win the book. :)

    Rachelle, I love that quote also, and am excited to read your book in March.

    ReplyDelete