Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You know there's a problem when . . .

Your husband finds unopened cans of tuna in the fridge, fresh carrots in the freezer, and an open jar of canned peaches in the cupboard. All put away by . . . . . . you! (true story)

Could it be a brain tumor? Multi-personality disorder? An early onset of Alzheimer's?

Perhaps it's because I spend so much of my time in la-la land, thinking up stories, characters, events, dialogue, and scenarios. Add to that the chaos children naturally bring to a person's life and what do you get? One distracted individual who removes clothes from the dryer only to put them back in the washer.

 Perhaps I should be grateful I haven't tried to put a diaper on my eight-year-old and stick my two-year-old on the school bus.

Yet.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Glad to know I'm not the only one who spaces when I'm doing mundane things, like cleaning the kitchen... And I have to say that I loved your post about putting down the vacuum. Ooh, wait till I tell Neil the logic in that! You should write a self-help book about that kind of stuff. "How to quickly and effortlessly lower the stress in your life", or something. I'd totally buy it. =)

    ReplyDelete