Thursday, October 21, 2010

Finished!

After plodding through page after page, word after word, sentence after sentence, I'm finally finished with the first draft of my next book. There is still so much to do, so much to add, but the bones are all in place and I am in a state of profound relief and joy (perhaps even a little disbelief :)).

This one has been more difficult for me to write. It required more research and more thought than my other two. At least it seemed that way. I struggled with both the plot and the characters, deleting scene after scene, adding scene after scene, and deleting more scenes. And I'm sure there's plenty more to do.

Maybe it would be helpful to actually draw up an outline for my next book. But would I actually stick to it? Who knows--I've never tried.

But that worry is for another day. Right now, I just feel like celebrating! If only I knew how to dance. :)

6 comments:

  1. Great jib, Rachael. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. It's always great to get to the end of a draft (even if we know it's only the beginning of the process)! Celebrate it! Chocolate? :)
    Put it on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally amaze me! I can't believe how much time and effort you put into writing and being a fulltime mom. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, Definitely chocolate--and lots of it. :) Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete