Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mice, Mice, Go AWAY!

My husband spotted a mouse in our garage yesterday. Thank goodness it wasn't me because I wouldn't have handled it nearly so cavalierly. Scurrying rodents strike a certain amount of fear and disgust in me, making me do ridiculous things, like squeal and jump up on something. I've never understood that bizarre reaction. It's not like they can hurt me or try to come anywhere near me, and yet they never fail to freak me out.

So I immediately shooed my hubby out the door on a quest for mousetraps. Three hours later, two mice were caught, and I'm praying that's all there are. Because if one has breached the indoor perimeter of my house and I happen to see it, my children will be witness to something they will be able to hold over my head for the rest of my life.

Please, please, please tell me mouse travel only in twos.

6 comments:

  1. Eeeeek! I hate mice. We've got rats devouring the tomatoes in our garden. It's driving me crazy. You'll see these big, beautiful, ripe tomatoes hanging on the vine--and then look at the other side and see it's been devoured by a rat. So icky and maddening. We've caught one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! We caught two in our house last month. Thank goodness my husband dealt with it and I didn't have to see them. Yuck again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach, you and Coral should chat...they've caught six in the last week! Six! She thinks she brought them home from her grandmothers house in a bunch of storage boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! I hate mice & rats, they're just so creepy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachael, I feel the same way about mice! We had a similar experience the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, our first two we caught were the parents. Our total count is up to six...and I'm totally freaked out! (Okay, I just read Shel's post, so you probably already knew this!). I'm hoping your mice issues are over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mice! Oh the memories of those mice. LOL. I remember one year at Girl's Camp, there was a large amount of young women that was attending camp that year. So large that we had to have military tents. Well, I am not afraid of mice...in fact, I used to catch them all the time and kill them. I could pounce pretty good. Anyways, everyone wanted to sleep in the same tent as me this year because the mice was at large for some reason at camp. I was able to keep the mice out of the tent all night long and I was tired the next day but I knew that many girls were afraid of mice. Well, long story short.....I got the mouser of the year bead at girl's camp that year and I have to say...to this day...I am still the only one that has one. LOL.

    It is a good thing that your hubby is brave and is able to protect you. I loved your story....it brought back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete