Thursday, December 16, 2010

Which is better: Real or Fake?

As you can see from the picture, I'm referring to Christmas trees. Tis the season, after all.

So my husband and I have had this ongoing "discussion" every year about which is best: A real, pine-smelling, needle-falling Christmas tree, or an artificial, pre-lit, easy to hang ornaments Christmas tree?

I vote the latter, and my husband, the former.

And every year, I've always won. We pull out our tree from the attic, stack it together, plug it in, and wallah! A little fussing with the branches and it's all set to go.

My sister, on the other hand, allowed her husband to coerce her into purchasing a real Christmas tree this year. They lugged it home, set it up, and literally had to wrap the tree in lights, like a mummy, to keep them in place. By the time they'd hung the ornaments, rashes and scratches covered their arms. And the next day, they heard their oldest son call, "Mom! The Christmas tree just fell over!"

Now I ask you, which is better?

3 comments:

  1. It must be a guy thing--REAL all the way! Actually my wife is also a devotee of real, so maybe it's not completely chromosomal. Real is so great--every day when we vacuum, it smells like pine needles, there is the family tradition of going to pick it out. Real rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still do real at our house. Every year my husband tries to talk me into a fake tree, but I promise him that if I have a fake tree I would have to set it up the day after Halloween, or even possibly the day after Canadian Thanksgiving. Since he doesn't like anything Christmasy around until December 1, I still get my real tree every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Rachael! I'm all about the convenience of the fake tree!

    ReplyDelete