Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Moment to Brag

After a book finally comes out, it's probably the most nerve-racking time for me. I like to believe it will be a book people will enjoy, but I really never know how it will be received. And so I wait with nail-biting anticipation for those reviews to start rolling in, hoping and praying that someone will like it; that they took something worthwhile from it's pages.

It's not easy to put something out there that you've put so much of yourself in. In fact, it's downright hard. Yes, most writers develop what they like to call "thick skins", but unfortunately, that protective layer is not impenetrable. Bad reviews hurt. They do. But the positive reviews are something else entirely. The positive ones lift me up, give me wings, and inspire me to keep at this writing thing even though it is oftentimes so difficult.

And so I want to thank those reviewers who have done this for me. It may seem like I'm bragging, posting these positive comments, and maybe I am, but really I'm just truly grateful--to the following reviewers, and to all those who have written me such kind emails. You've helped me so much.

"Once in awhile a love story comes along that touches a special spot in the hearts of readers. Minor Adjustments by Rachael Renee Anderson is that kind of story . . . This is her third published novel and deserving of award winning attention." --Jennie Hanson, full review at Meridian Magazine

"If you've never picked up a book by Rachael Renee Anderson now it the time to go out and get one. She is one of those authors that can REALLY write chick lit clean romance." --Heather, full review at Fire and Ice (FYI: Heather's giving away some incredibly yummy TimTams this month in conjunction with the review.)

"Minor Adjustments is a great story with wonderful characters that I highly recommend." --Kathy, full review at I Am a Reader Not a Writer

"Loved it! I really enjoyed this book! Since I don’t have as much time to read as I used to, I have to be a little more picky about the books that I read. Minor Adjustments was definitely worth the time." --Kathy, full review at Bookworm Nation

"Rachael’s writing is so smooth. I love the way the relationship between the characters progress. Especially Devon’s and Stella’s . . . I really enjoyed this book. It’s very cute and clever. Rachael is such a great writer." --Mindy, full review at LDS Women's Book Review

8 comments:

  1. YAY Rachael!!!

    I'm at the point where I'm begging people to do reviews, etc . . . and it's SO hard having it out there!! Especially when it's something I wrote so long ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CFI needs to get this on Kindle! I went to download it yesterday and couldn't. Way excited to read it though. What great reviews :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not bragging! You should feel excited and very proud of yourself, these are great reviews. It's always nice to hear that someone, or alot of people like what you wrote!! Congrats, and enjoy these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee, I can't even imagine the euphoria. A million congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I am wishing you much success!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the great reviews. As a blogger I honestly try to think about the author when I write my review. I try to be honest, but try to also remember that the author is a person. It must feel really great to see those wonderful reviews - I hope you see many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how much time an effort you put into all of your amazing works and I'm so glad others can see it too. You uplift, you inspire! Thank you, my friend, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete