Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Cookie Monster

That could be my nickname. I seriously LOVE cookies. I'm not picky either. Chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter, snickerdoodles--they're all yum, yum, yum. Put one in front of me and I won't say no. I CAN'T say no. Guaranteed.

It's a weakness. One of many.

But weakness can and should become strengths, right? So I've decided to come up with five good reasons my love of cookies make me a better person. Here goes:

1. Each one is unique, reminding me that diversity is a beautiful thing.
2. Without the sugar contained in them, I wouldn't know the bitter from the sweet.
3. They make me happy.
4. When I give the extras away, they make other people happy.
5. Without them, I wouldn't be half so culinary as I am. (I bake WAY better than I cook :))

Well, what do you know? Liking cookies isn't so bad after all.

What about you? What's a weakness you have--and one reason it's not really a weakness? :)

12 comments:

  1. My weakness is that I worry too much. The positive side is that I sometimes can head off problems before they get bigger. Also, I think it helps me to be more compassionate, not that all compassionate people are worriers.

    BTW, your book was on the shelf at my DB store last weekend. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I agree with the cookie thing. Not all cookies are created equally, but there are some super winners. Probably the top on my list is frozen girl scout thin mints. I can't keep myself from eating the entire sleeve in a sitting. Likewise pepperidge farms raspberry milano cookies have never needed to be stored on the shelf. I eat them so fast and they are always the one thing in my stocking for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of my weaknesses is I talk way too much! I really don't know when to keep my mouth shut. However, there's never an awkward silence in my presence...so I guess that can be a good thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies are a good weakness to have! It's only enemy is your thighs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list Rachael. I love cookies so much. They are my favorite treat (don't really care about candy, but cookies mmmm). I also bake way better--and way more--than I cook. Another weakness I have? Being interested in too many things at once. The down side is I only get half-good at anything, but the good side is I'm expanding my horizons I guess?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I adore cookies too! Actually, my boyfriend calls me cookie monster! xD

    I started to bake just to make cookies, can you believe it? I mostly like the ones with chocolate, but I like all of them. I'm eating oats cookies right now :P

    I also love cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for telling me Rebecca! And being a worrier IS a good thing, at least that's what I tell myself. :)

    Ephrielle, I LOVE the thin mints. My friend actually has a sign on her door that says, "No Soliciting (unless you're selling girl scout cookies)". So funny. I'll have to give those raspberry cookies a try. Sounds yum!

    So glad I'm not the one one with a weakness for cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, lol! We can turn anything into a strength if we really try

    ReplyDelete
  9. MINE IS POTATO CHIPS, ER WELL IT USED TO BE FORE HUBBY STARTED EATING THEM UP AND LEAVING ME NONE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, me again! I've given you an award over on my blog :)

    http://readingwritingandlovinit.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-have-no-interesting-title-for-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a weakness for crackers and potato chips. One reason it's good is because I help to feed my friends with all of the snacks I buy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I skip cake for my birthday every year in favor of cookies :D

    ReplyDelete