Monday, February 13, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is one of our family's favorite books. Why? Because it's darling, humorous, and just plain fun. But when a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day strikes me personally--well, it's not so fun. Or humorous. Or darling.

At all.

My day started off bad, so when I got an email from an agent who'd requested a full of my manuscript, I already knew it would be a rejection. Which it was. A very nicely worded rejection, but a rejection just the same. Which, based on past experience, means there are probably more bad things lying in wait for me today. Oh goody.

Why are bad days like that? They start off horrible, then seem to continually compound on a person, leaving them totally flattened by the end of the day? And okay, humbled. Which is probably the point. But still.

The day I have a bad day turn around on me is the day I write a children's picture book of my own. Wouldn't that be something. I'd call it: Lucinda and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Turned Good. Awesome Even. Maybe I should write it anyway. For no other reason than to devour on a day like today. A book like that might give me hope. Even make me smile.

And I would read it while sitting on a lovely beach in Australia.

7 comments:

  1. Since you love Happy Endings so much, I think that picture book might be a great one for you to write! I hope your day gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like watching the youtube video of the song "You had a bad day." My husband showed it to me on one day when we had the stomach flu and I wrecked my car.

    It was fun meeting you on Saturday. Good luck with the agent thing. Keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry it was a bad day :( I do think you should write that book though. My personal feelings are that we make our day what it is. We have the ability to make our day better, even if everything around us is falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you ever write it, please share it with us so we can read it on our bad days too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read your books. Keep it up! Too bad we have to have bad days! It can only get better, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chin up lady. Your book is AWESOME! Maybe some tweaking here and there but more so just the right agent. You're sooo very talented. Don't give up. And write that children's book too. It sounds pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete